Tuesday 18 January 2011

Leicester replay preview

I'm  not going to go in to too much detail previewing tactics and the opposition as a lot of my thoughts were in the initial preview of the away leg. So here's a (very short) summary of my thoughts before the game.

I think tonight will be a similar game. On our home pitch with our fans behind us, I think we will have a lot more possession than we did in the away leg and create a lot more chances. As far as the team goes, I expect Milner and Vieira to continue as a middle two, with Silva just infront of them and Johnson and Jo (sigh) flanking Tevez. This would have been an ideal game to help Dzeko settle into the team but as he was not registered in time for the first leg he is illegible for tonight's game.

Joe Hart should start in between the posts with a back for of Boateng, Zabaleta, Lescott and Kompany. I think it is important that Vincent plays tonight as we will need his aerial dominance against the big Sol Bamba.

Tonight is the ideal time for City fans to show the true magnitude of respect held for Neil Young. There is set to be a tribute with the OS encouraging City fans to wear read and black in honour of the City legend.

Prediction - City 2 - 0 Leicester - A game in which I'm very confident in getting a result. I think Mancini will have a strong bench in case things aren't going our way and we may see the introduction of Gareth Barry in the second half. David Silva and Adam Johnson to get on the score sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment