Friday 7 January 2011

Leicester preview

Sundays away trip See's us re-united with City legends Sven-Goran Eriksson and Darius Vassell.

I was quite fond of Mr Eriksson when he was in charge at Eastlands and was a little disgruntled when he was politely asked to leave. I will not however, feel any sentiment in going to The Walkers Stadium and giving out a bit of a thrashing.

It's hard for me to say anything positive about Darius Vassell to be honest, he was always a tryer who always gave 100% but ever since that heart-breaking penalty miss in the 2007 home derby I have been unable to look at him with anything other than remorse.

Like many City fans, I feel this is an important competition for us this year and our best chance in winning any silverware. Despite this I think there will be quite a few changes to the team, I can see starts for SWP, Vieira, Boyata, Lescott, Given and maybe a few young lads (Guidetti is back from his loan and Nimely could potentially start). With senior cavalry waiting in the wings I think we should have enough to be able to comfortably get a  result without risking too many senior players.

There has been much made about Dzeko's imminent arrival and whether he will be here in time to play. I honestly don't think Mancini would have thrown him straight into the game, preferring him to train with the squad before next weeks clash with Wolves.

Prediction - Leicester 1- 4 City - I think we'll have a good mix of youth and experience to comfortably see this one through, of course, it goes without saying that Vassell will score.

No comments:

Post a Comment